How to identify your “soul” purpose to live a regret-free life, from author Jennifer Longmore:
- Be purposeful. When we are purposeful about morning habits, it ripples into other areas of our life. Do your routine every day.
- Identify leaders you admire. Read their biographies.
- Flip through magazines. Rip out pages that speak to you, even if you don’t know why, to help identify your passions.
- Look for people in your life you feel are living on purpose. Question them. Just talking with others will help uncover your own passions.
- Clear out your unhealthy habits. Put a priority on health. We all know what our bad habits are. Cut them out.
- Read books on soul purpose, goal achievement, and mindfulness.
- Start small. Once you have an idea of something you want to achieve, try it—see if you really like it before diving in headfirst.
- Meet people. Network with people who are doing what you want to do.
- Make time. Make your purpose a priority. One hour a week, google how to achieve your goal and schedule these steps into your calendar.