Mental Health America was established in 2014 and since then has collected more than 4 million health screenings. That equates to approximately 3,000 screeners daily. Once the screening is completed, results are sent to affiliates, providing invaluable demographics and survey responses that provide further support for mental health policy and education.
Screeners who visit MHA screening are:
- 75 percent female and 25 percent male.
- 66 percent white (non-Hispanic), 11.7 percent Hispanic/Latino, 7 percent African- American, and 7 percent Asian/Pacific Islander.
- 32 percent 11-17 years old, 34 percent 18-24 years old, and 18 percent 35-44 years old.
- 50 percent with household incomes of less than $40,000 a year.
- Providing a geographical sample representative of each state’s population.
- 8 percent international screeners.