This simple and healthy recipe makes for a wonderful fiesta.
→ difficulty: easy | serves: 4
- 3-4 chicken breasts or 5-6 thighs (breasts are better in this recipe)
- 1 cup of salsa of choice (look for no artificial ingredients or sugar or make your own)
- 2 teaspoons each of onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin—or more to taste
- Optional if serving as a salad: lettuce or spinach, tomatoes, avocado, sour cream, salsa
- Put chicken in slow cooker and sprinkle with spices.
- Pour salsa over the chicken.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours (check after 5 hours as temp can vary a lot) until tender.
- Shred with forks before serving.
- When done, let cool slightly and serve over salad with desired toppings or use alone.