1 lb. grass-fed ground beef (or ground meat of choice—pork or lamb would be great, too)
1/3 cup diced onion
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. basil
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
Coconut oil (or fat of choice), for frying the onion
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with tinfoil and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine ground beef, egg, nutritional yeast, oregano, basil, salt, and pepper and set aside.
- In a small pan over medium heat, melt coconut oil (or fat of choice) and fry onion until soft and golden brown.
- Add onion to ground beef mixture and mix to combine.
- Use your hands to roll beef mixture into 12 golf ball-size balls and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes and flip halfway through.
- Serve with tomato sauce and zucchini noodles.
Makes 12 meatballs.