When it comes to desserts, few things are sweeter—and tastier—than chocolate chip cookies. Extra soft and chewy, they rank alongside hot dogs and apple pie as one of America’s most iconic and widely loved comfort foods.
With the following recipe—courtesy of Leaner Creamer, a Los Angeles maker of alternatives to high-fat creamers—you can enjoy chocolate chip cookies without the added guilt and larger waistline.
chocolate chip cookies
- ¾ cup of organic flour (gluten-free may be substituted)
- ¼ cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon of cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons of organic
- unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons of instant
- coffee granules
- 2 teaspoons of Leaner
- Creamer mixture
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ½ cup of light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of regular
- chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon of miniature chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, line baking pan with parchment paper.
- Mix together chocolate and Leaner Creamer mixture until evenly mixed.
- In medium bowl, mix flour, cocoa, baking powder, cornstarch, and salt.
- In another bowl, stir together butter and coffee mixture until halfway dissolved.
- Then, mix in egg and vanilla until it all becomes dissolved. The instant coffee does take some time to dissolve; you can use a utensil to hasten the dissolving process. There may be a few granules that remain; if this occurs, simply discard the remaining granules.
- Stir in brown sugar into butter mixture, and make sure side clumps are incorporated.
- Add in flour mixture when this step is completed and stir until incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips when flour mixture is incorporated.
- Using a scooper, drop cookie dough onto baking sheets. If you would like, add chocolate chips at the top of each scoop.
- Bake for nine to 11 minutes, and then cool on pan for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes is up, transfer onto wire rack.